Our client - an ad agency in St. Louis - is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join their team of talented, conscientious high achievers who help B2B and B2C companies in the Food + Beverage, Pet + Animal, and Health + Wellness industries create better brands for healthier, happier people and pets by launching new products, new businesses, and new or revitalized brands with full-service business strategy and creative capabilities.
You are enthusiastic and passionate about bringing growth, brand, and marketing initiatives to life, gaining satisfaction from consistently seeing projects through to completion.
Not afraid to roll up your sleeves, you are a generalist and have a wide range of proficiencies and interests within marketing, from setting up drip e-mail campaigns to managing social calendars. Being curious and strategic, you stay on top of the shifting technologies, platforms, and human behaviors that will inform tomorrow’s marketing tactics.
When given the chance to juggle many clients vs. one, you would choose one client, preferring to dive deeply into the ins and outs of that brand’s audience and industry, and how the brand can be continually grown and improved year after year. Finally, you are looking for a place where you can put your roots down and grow into the role of Marketing Director.
About the Role
We are in a high-growth phase, seeking a Marketing Coordinator with that can work under the Growth Strategy Director to expand and manage our day-to-day marketing efforts that increase brand awareness, and credibility, and drive high-quality new business leads.
The Marketing Coordinator brings business sense, a knowledge of full-funnel marketing, strong project management skills, and an appreciation for brands with a generous, long-term-minded, give-before-asking approach. They will be responsible for working closely with cross-functional teams and contractors to manage and execute on planned marketing projects, providing regular insight of campaign performance, and offering strategic and creative guidance and feedback grounded in data.
- Work with Growth Strategy Director to manage and execute growth tactics, and analyze against KPIs designed to help optimize and measure the impact of marketing throughout the funnel stages
- Collaborate with and provide project briefs and guidance to cross-functional team members such as writers, strategists, designers, video editors, photographers
- Recruit and manage outside contractors, when necessary
- Work with Creative Resource Manager to set up projects in Workamajig, our project management software, and to make sure they are properly scoped and budgeted for in light of client project workload
- Document and track KPIs for marketing activities, campaign performance, and internal and 3rd-party costs, as requested
- Organize and maintain the routine tasks/materials/libraries associated with sales function and the internal brand: written case studies, testimonials, brand guide, capabilities decks, PP templates, website posts, newsletters, etc.
- Write, edit, and publish short-form brand communications pieces for our blog, email newsletter, and social channels.
- When necessary, make simple revisions to graphics and project materials in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or Sketch.
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or a willingness to learn how to edit and populate our website
- Research and learn about our industry focus in the food, beverage, and supplement industries for people and animals. Analyze industry and consumer insights for the purposes of promoting our deep knowledge and expertise
- Evaluate and score our new business leads
- 2+ years’ experience within the branding, marketing, or advertising field
- Understanding of B2B marketing channels and approaches
- Flexible problem-solver, a pragmatic and creative approach to finding efficiencies and completing projects
- Great interpersonal skills, specifically in the area of influencing and motivating teams without direct authority
- Effective presentation and writing skills, an ability to simplify is key, and ability to simplify is key
- Preparing and executing materials, a keen visual sense, attention to detail
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills
- Takes initiative, entrepreneurial, can hit the ground running and move projects forward right from the start
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Domestic travel required, pending any COVID-19 travel restrictions
- Proficiency in or a willingness to learn Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Sketch.
- Experience with Workamajig
- Writing or journalism experience
- Experience working within our industry
Hopefully working with and around food is beneficial enough, but we add, like gravy, the following benefits:
- Empowerment – hire smart people and let them do great work
- Guided leadership – provide a roadmap for success, but no need to micromanage
- Collaborative teamwork – two heads (or more) are better than one
- Plus: Really good coffee, Donut Drive-In as a neighbor, a rooftop deck and………
- Office dogs (they speak for themselves)
- Hybrid work week (3 office + 2 home)
- Benefits – medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual attire and regular business hours