The Bookkeeper is a master organizer, and juggler of critical financial data. They seamlessly merge our Financial and Procurement worlds to ensure that vendor and client billing details are gathered, properly managed and visible to our teams. They are an analytical, proactive, solutions-oriented team player who is comfortable tracking down (and storing) all of the critical billing details and files for our agency. This key team member ensures that the agency charges its customers appropriately and collects payments in a timely manner. This role is for a permanently remote, full-time W2 employee. Please submit your resume as a PDF.
• Collaborates with Finance and Procurement to maintain vendor records / details
• Performs all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
• Performs account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition
• Compiles and processes information such as prices, discounts, shipping rates, etc.
• Ensures customers are billed correctly for services offered
• Issues invoices and distributes electronically or by mail
• Communicates with customers to answer questions
• Researches and resolves issues with vendors and other partners
• Requests payment of pending debts and negotiates payment arrangements when needed
• Keeps accurate records (customer information, received payments, etc.)
• Prepares and submits statements
• Prepares financial reports through collection, analysis, and summarization of data
• Organizes and stores critical supporting documentation
• Interprets and applies accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards
• Knowledge of billing procedures and best practices
• Experience with bookkeeping and maintaining financial data
• 3 - 5 years of experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
• Understanding of relevant laws and best practices
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Confidentiality and trustworthiness
• Ability to organize and coordinate tasks
• BS/BA in accounting, finance, or related field, or equivalent experience
• Proficient in QuickBooks and Workamajig
• Analyzing Information
• Dealing with Complexity
• Reporting Research Results
• Accurate Data Entry
• SFAS Rules
• Attention to Detail
P&P Co. is a branding and customer experience agency specializing in the development of retail concepts and branded environments. We partner with clients to deliver a holistic consumer experience via architecture, retail goods, visual merchandising and in-store marketing strategies. We propel brands forward and convert consumers.
• Fair - We’re open and honest communicators who lack ego and attitude (no jerks). We value our partners and treat our clients, vendors and teammates fairly, and with respect.
• Responsible - We deliver on our promises. We're relentlessly persistent and hold ourselves to a high standard. We take pride in our work and take responsibility for results. We own it.
• Resourceful - We're resourceful, proactive and creative in our approach, offering solutions as challenges arise and approaching opportunities for improvement with an open mind and positive attitude.
• Persistent - We consistently seek ways to grow professionally and personally. We take opportunities to be inspired, improve at our craft and expand our minds, while meeting (and exceeding) expectations.
• Agile - We recognize that the only constant is change, and we embrace it. We realize that there's always room for improvement and we remain open to feedback.
• Thoughtful - We realize that the best visions mean nothing without the ability to execute. We also realize that the best ideas can come from anywhere, and welcome the suggestions of others.
Design + Process = Solutions