The Finance Manager thrives in a dynamic atmosphere and is committed to managing P&P Co.’s financial resources to support long-term growth and profitability goals. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the agency’s financial assets. From the management of cash flow to working on financial projections, your role will focus on providing agency leadership with a clear idea of where we are and where we are projected to go. Proactive communication is absolutely critical, so keeping a keen eye on income, expenses, and profitability are primary objectives in this role. You will need to be able to enforce adherence to internal quality controls, client-directed controls, and make ongoing recommendations for process improvements, but must also understand the nature/needs within an agency environment while remaining flexible and open to change. This is a permanently remote position for a full-time W2 employee, please submit your resume as a PDF.
Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable (AP/AR)
- Manages the timely and efficient distribution of accurate client invoices, making necessary system/document updates
- Maintains, and references, the latest client contracts
- Tracks billing schedules per the terms of the agreements
- Establishes and maintains relationships with client-side Accounts Payable team(s), monitors aging reports and manages collection efforts for delinquent accounts
- Creates and communicates AP/AR processes to the internal team, clients, and vendors to avoid over-investing or working on projects without payment or contracts in place
- Manages agency payments of bills effectively, maintaining cash flow and positive relationships with vendors
- Processes employee expense reports bi-weekly with payroll, and ensures timely reimbursement
- Monitors/processes and manages company credit cards
- Audits charges and confirms they are linked to the correct projects in the system
- Partner with team members and credit card agents to resolve questions/issues
- Completes monthly bank reconciliations
Financial Forecasting & Reporting
- Maintains financial reporting tools and utilizes agency project management software (Workamajig) to provide leadership with regular financial health updates
- Provides weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to agency leadership
- Conducts weekly and monthly department profitability reviews with leadership
- Maintains updated weekly, monthly and annual forecasting reports by partnering with Operations and Brand Management
- Proactively partners with new business team (Principal, Sr. Ops Director, and Brand) to ensure client prospects are captured in projections
- Maintains regular communications with Brand Manager to ensure updates are made to forecast as timelines and budgets change
- Supports Sr. Operations Director in establishing and monitoring department/employee goals and budgets, based on salaries and overhead expenses
- Participates in monthly review of project/client profitability with Operations team and Partners
- Presents proactive solutions for profitability management
- Provides insights to the new business team on profitable project-types and business lines to inform sales efforts for both organic and new business opportunities
- Collaborates with teams to ensure agency processes are supported by financial data and that processes are consistently integrated into workflows
Payroll, Rates & Budget Management
- Processes bi-weekly employee payroll and routes for review
- Creates quarterly and annual department budgets
- Provides monthly reporting on budget vs. actuals
- Provides insight to leadership on how each department is performing with regard to profitability and educates them on how funds should be utilized
- Develops and monitors internal agency budgets and communicates status to agency leadership on a monthly basis
- Partners with teams to problem-solve on budget and financial opportunities to maintain overall health
- Partners with Operations to monitor agency rates/pricing on a quarterly basis and make recommendations to agency leadership on rate updates based on added staff, raises and overall operating costs
- Creates and maintains rate sheets/communicates required updates
- Works with various teams to ensure new/updated rates are shared in a consistent and clear manner and that all estimate/invoice templates are updated accordingly
- 5+ years of experience in agency or marketing department accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent experience
- Experience with Workamajig and Quickbooks
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality when dealing with private/personal client and employee information
- Someone who holds high expectations of themselves and is always seeking self-improvement
- Professional demeanor with a commitment to quality and doing the right thing for the right reason
- The ability to embrace change in a dynamic environment and bring passion to each opportunity
- An eye on the future and proactively seeks opportunity and solutions for the agency’s success
- A team-oriented partner who supports peers when needed
- A generous, resilient, open communicator who shares their point of view with a positive attitude and facts-first approach
- An individual who takes ownership of their own role, while celebrating success and recognizing other members of the agency
- VAT experience
- Experience working with international vendors and clients
- Tax experience/experiencing working with an outside accounting firm
P&P Co. is a branding and customer experience agency specializing in the development of retail concepts and branded environments. We partner with clients to deliver a holistic consumer experience via architecture, retail goods, visual merchandising and in-store marketing strategies. We propel brands forward and convert consumers.
- Fair - We’re open and honest communicators who lack ego and attitude (no jerks). We value our partners and treat our clients, vendors and teammates fairly, and with respect.
- Responsible - We deliver on our promises. We're relentlessly persistent and hold ourselves to a high standard. We take pride in our work and take responsibility for results. We own it.
- Resourceful - We're resourceful, proactive and creative in our approach, offering solutions as challenges arise and approaching opportunities for improvement with an open mind and positive attitude.
- Persistent - We consistently seek ways to grow professionally and personally. We take opportunities to be inspired, improve at our craft and expand our minds, while meeting (and exceeding) expectations.
- Agile - We recognize that the only constant is change, and we embrace it. We realize that there's always room for improvement and we remain open to feedback.
- Thoughtful - We realize that the best visions mean nothing without the ability to execute. We also realize that the best ideas can come from anywhere, and welcome the suggestions of others.
Design + Process = Solutions