Mindgruve is seeking a PHP and MySQL Expert that has designed and maintained large-scale web applications. Our ideal candidate will be comfortable working alone or in a small team, and have experience working directly with clients.
This position reports to the Development Team Manager and will be instrumental in driving Mindgruve to utilize emerging technology and data-centric solutions to drive results for our clients. This position requires a PHP and MySQL expert that will design and maintain large-scale web applications. This position will work closely with other members of the development team as well as certain individuals on the account management and design teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with members of the account management, design and front-end development teams to develop and maintain custom client websites and large-scale applications.
- Work with members of the account management, project management, creative, and front-end development teams on maintenance scoping and development for existing clients.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug applications.
- Collaborate with the UI team on implementation and development.
- Timely deliver expected projects and tasks on time and within budgeted hours.
- Provide documentation from completed projects and tasks.
- Adhere to development standards and best practices.
- Adapt technical skills to facilitate department and company goals.
- Serve in a tech support capacity for Mindgruve by being a general repository of technical information and know-how at the disposal of the agency.
- Manage productivity, time and tasks in Mindgruve’s management system Workamajig. This includes, but is not limited to, accurately tracking all work in real-time, submitting accurate time sheets on a weekly basis and managing assigned tasks with the system.
We need a person with:
Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to deal with deadline pressures and multiple projects and changing priorities; knowledgeable in object oriented programming, SQL and the MVC architecture; comfortable and adept at self-management.
- Expert in PHP and MySQL and the ability to seamlessly apply them to web development projects
- Comfortable with Linux command line and managing Apache
- Experience with popular CMSs (WordPress, Drupal)
- MVC understanding (frameworks such as Symfony a big plus)
- Working knowledge version control systems (Git, SVN)
- Familiarity with Composer, Vagrant, RESTful APIs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional multitasking skills in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Good eye for aesthetics and attention to detail
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- NoSQL databases (Elasticsearc, MongoDB)
- Additional languages/runtimes/frameworks (Node.js, Python, .NET, Silex)
- IaaS (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Acquia)
- Web application security
- Automated testing (PHPUnit, Behat)
- Native Mobile App Development
- Agency Experience
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Minimum of two to five years of backend development experience
Compensation commensurate with experience. We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, FSA and 401K. This is an in-house position. No headhunters, contractors, freelancers, overseas agents or professional job-hoppers will be considered.