The Digital Project Manager oversees all tactical aspects of assigned projects and ensures that goals are achieved, and outstanding account service is maintained over the lifetime of the project. He/she makes sure that jobs move effectively and efficiently through agency from inception to completion, including final delivery to the client. The project manager also works closely with AEs and agency leadership to improve higher-level processes such as account and project briefs, schedule planning, and customer journey considerations.
The ideal person for this role is a change agent that loves technology, enjoys complexity, and is driven by the desire to improve processes and outcomes. He/she is a champion of continuous improvement, intrinsically self-motivated to learn new skills and techniques, and excited to share knowledge gained with colleagues and agency leadership.
- Manage a variety of website projects simultaneously.
- Develop tools, processes and protocols to manage complex projects with ongoing and evolving deliverables — timelines, milestones, budgets, scheduling, project queue, and management of hundreds of time-sensitive details and tasks.
- Educate and inform other team members, project managers and account executives.
- Assist the Director of Marketing Technologies and Systems in developing new processes to improve/streamline workflow such as participation in special task forces, working to improve Workamajig templates to enable better time tracking, researching and adopting new tools to improve project management and quality control, etc.
- Assume responsibility for client relationships during the course of assigned projects. Align work on assigned projects with other account-related marketing efforts and activities.
- Set up and track projects in Workamajig (or other project management software) and manage billing for assigned projects. Document project history, decisions and status as needed.
- Create project schedules and timelines and post change orders as needed. Track and report on project budgets and timelines. Provide regular, timely and detailed project status updates to clients and project team.
- Recognize scale and scope creep and make adjustments as needed to activities, budgets, etc. to account for the changes. Work with traffic coordinators to make sure that project scheduling and staffing choices are appropriate for each project. Report regularly on project budget status to internal team and clients as needed and as appropriate.
- Assist as needed in the development of proposals and technical specification documents for customer engagements.
- Share knowledge of projects and examples of work with the AE team in weekly meetings.
- Actively participate in Digital team status meetings, discovery presentations, and other team and project meetings — make the most of opportunities to share and learn.
- Be proactive – continually research and bring forth ideas to improve outcomes. Be a change agent - help lead the agency toward the adoption of more agile processes.
- Build project management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, including creating and managing project plans and documenting project requirements.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings.
- Self-motivated—completes coursework, classes and certification programs as part of career growth (SEO, data analytics, user experience). Always looking for new ways to improve skills and processes. Actively share new skills and discoveries with the team members.
- Knowledge and experience with agile methodology.
- BA or BS degree in marketing, business, new media or related field.
- 5-7 years of work experience.
- 3-5 years of digital project management experience.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with CMS, Google Analytics and SEO.
- Experience with digital campaign tactics including banner ads, search ads, landing pages, and form submissions.