Working closely with the Strategic Account Manager, the Account Executive is responsible for sustaining client satisfaction through maintaining superb relationships, providing strategic guidance and delivering on quality assurance of committed digital and print deliverable(s). This position works with the creative and interactive team to help develop, write and present a variety of marketing and project management materials, including scopes of work, project and creative briefs, workback schedules and timelines, budget estimates, staff assignments and printing arrangements. He or she will assist with writing and editing content for large documents such as secret shopper reports and communication plans, as well as shorter copy for email newsletters, headlines and social media content calendars. Project management and content creation assistance will be for both internal and external client projects. In other words, this is not a sales job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You have 2-3 years of agency experience or higher education marketing.
- Provide strategic direction to leadership to provide solutions to client issues and fulfill all contractual obligations.
- Execute and maintain projects of all sizes, including large creative projects.
- Write and edit content for a variety of deliverables.
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly schedules.
- Schedule and manage staff members’ progress and deadlines on a variety of projects for a variety of clients.
- Collaborate on new business development, including brainstorming, creating and managing new business campaigns.
- Knowledge of reporting campaign success and profitability.
- Produce reports and decks using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Attend conferences as vendors and provide insightful information to prospective clients in an effort to gain new business.
- Have a desire to work within the confines of the client’s belief system.
- Have a desire to create and maintain relationships with clients, vendors and internal staff members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to thrive under pressure and easily adjust to changing timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently.
- Feel comfortable in ad hoc situations and respond to client needs off the cuff.
- Ability to build trust with the internal team and external clients.
- Ability to solve crises through effective communication.
- Ability to provide a variety of solutions when delivering bad news to a client.
- Ability and desire to learn quickly and adapt to difficult situations.
- Desire to create and maintain relationships.
- Clear and honest communication with people of all personalities.
- Positive, optimistic attitude.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Extreme attention to detail and organization.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Required Experience: at least 2 years working in a marketing agency or in the marketing department of an higher education institution
- Strong work ethic is a MUST. This position will require travel; extended travel may be required only when needed. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions. Position will require non-standard working hours (nights and weekends).